Dispatcher 8 is the latest computer aided dispatch and call centre solution offering from Sigtec. In terms of migration capabilities, performance, features and reliability, nothing comes close.
Dispatcher 8 integrates all aspects of operating and managing a taxi control centre. It provides a total environment for the automatic processing of taxi bookings. From the initial entry of customer details, through to the allocation of the most suitable taxi to the transmission of the job details to the driver.
Dispatcher 8 includes:
- Open System Platform – the system operates on a Microsoft Windows Server platform, with support for Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Database Accessibility – the system now uses SQL and is updated in real-time.
- Enhanced Reporting – the SQL database now allows you to develop additional reports beyond those delivered as standard with the system.
- Improved Radio Performance – we have changed to an enhanced narrow band radio modulation schema for superior message delivery and reduced lost contacts.
- Public Networks – system uses GPRS to provide a low cost communication alternative to radio, better coverage and quicker to deploy.
- Flexible Area Boundaries – move away from squares and circles to polygons allowing for fine tuning of irregular boundaries
- Automatic Vehicle Location – system now tracks all taxis in real-time for better location query and visibility on base maps.
- Advanced Dispatch Rules – more than before and easier to customize by customer.
- Better Bureau – new architecture supports centralized and decentralize call centre activities.
- In-Vehicle Colour Terminal – after the deployment of over 8,500 Windows CE based terminals, we have now released an enhanced version of the MDX 8.
At the core of the Dispatcher 8 system is its ability to allow you to select and configure system operational parameters. Our philosophy demands our customers have the freedom to make changes to the operating parameters of their system from time to time, without needing to engage Sigtec as the supplier.
The Dispatcher 8 system currently supports all popular dispatch methodologies from GPS plotting, manual plotting, rank preference and more; they can be used individually or in any combination. An easy to use editor is provided to enable you to define your preferred dispatch methodology.
The Dispatcher 8 system allows separate taxi companies to share a common infrastructure while maintaining total independence and individual fleet operating styles. The ability to accommodate multiple fleets, all operating with their own unique operating parameters has been designed into the Dispatcher 8 system core. This provides for true Bureau operation and maximum commercial independence of each fleet.
Automated booking interfaces
Improving the quality of service to customers and drivers is paramount to taxi fleet operators today. To achieve this, more is needed to automate call centre operations and provide choices in how bookings are registered on the system. Dispatcher 8 provides a connection module to interface with 3rd party IVR, SMS and Web booking vendors. Customers can benefit from leading edge booking options that make it easier and more convenient to place bookings
Reporting and Finances
Reporting is the engine behind information accessibility and understanding your business. From the database you will be able to obtain any information that you require. The Report program allows printing of various management reports that may be used to monitor the dispatch centre activities and the Dispatcher 8 Computer.